Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easter bags? Swimming suits! and a contest winner!

Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Psalm 96:1



Does everybody remember back when I said I was making the girls Easter egg bags? Are you thinking, what in the world is that? Well, Anna came up with it. Ask her. She's my fashionista and keeps all our hair looking great in her beauty shop. I just play along. Just in case you forgot what Anna's bag looked like, I'll remind you:


Cute bag, huh? In Heather Bailey's pattern and mostly pieces of Tanya Whelan. So yesterday it was time for Emilie's bag.

Do you know Linda Stubbs of Prairie Flower Farm? If you don't, you should take some time to get to know her. She is about the sweetest lady you will ever meet. She has a great pattern that she has written available to buy from her blog. I made it yesterday, and it's a real treat. It has additional patterns included too and a recipe! Now where do you ever find something like that? Linda is a member of a Dozen Quilters too.


Isn't this just the sweetest bag? I used Tanya Whelan's French Hatbox, Love from Amy Butler and some yellow polkadots that I had on hand. She loves the pocket and told me she can put her groceries in the bag when we go to the store.

Then, I won a drawing! This was from the Rubber Punkin for Panga Swimwear. I bet you've never seen a swimming suit like this. I signed up for the drawing because skin cancer runs in the family and I am very, very fair skinned. They let me pick any swimming suit I wanted, so I chose this one. Isn't it pretty? They also have girls sizes and right now are having a great deal if you buy a girls and a woman's suit.

Okay, the moment everyone's been waiting for, the winner of the jelly roll! Err. Umm. I have a little problem. The jelly roll I have that I thought was Hunky Dory is actually Love U. It's very cute, I promise. And I guess this only affects one person. If you just have to have Hunky Dory I will get it for you, just let me know, OK?

And the winner is: #9 (from random.org)
Elise of le sassy seamstress!

Thank you to everyone who is following. I love you guys and wish I had a prize for everyone. But stick around, I have lots and lots of fun giveaways. And Elise, congrats! And please e-mail me your address.

Love,
xoxo

3 comments :

Jenny said...

im so chuckling over the hunky dory/loveu honey bun! so cute!! they are both so cute! im sure your lucky willer is pleased as punch!!

cute cute bags Melissa, that Linda is quite the gal, huh?

GORGEOUS swim suit...Id order the same in a heartbeat if i looked anything like that model! congrats!

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

I love the "love u" line. So sweet!

Elise said...

YEAH!! I'm so excited I won!! The Love U fabric is adorable, I can't wait!! I love the bags you made, I'll have to look up those patterns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails