Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bippity Boppity Buttons

A really sweet friend gave me all these buttons! It took the kids and I hours this afternoon to separate them by colors. I usually have a few buttons on hand, ten or so, but this is thousands! I will probably never need to buy buttons again. In addition, she gave me scads of fabric, old quilting magazines and quilting books. I separated it all over the weekend and will be sharing most of it with my quilty friends. Maybe even you! You know I love to share. Plus, there's only so much fabric one person can sew. Must be what she was thinking too. So nice of her to think of me though.


Yesterday we had these huge plans to go to the nearest "big city." That would be Hays, an hour and a half east of here, population 35,000 last I heard. They have the Sternberg Museum, a regionally famous dinosaur and natural history museum. When we got there, Nathan was shivering despite the 50 + degree weather. He sluggishly made it through the museum. Then we went out to eat and he laid on Todd and slept. As soon as we got back to the car, he started throwing up. Thank you Lord, that it didn't happen in that busy restaurant. Can you imagine? But throw up in a car is so nasty. So we came back home instead of our plans of McDonalds playland and shopping. And he threw up all the way home and all afternoon and evening. Today he is much better but kind of just laying around. What a bummer for spring break. Wish I was somewhere warm!

My heart is not proud, O LORD,



my eyes are not haughty;


I do not concern myself with great matters


or things too wonderful for me.
Psalm 131:1
 
Love,
xoxo

7 comments :

Erin said...

Awww, poor little lamb. I hope he's feeling better soon, and that the rest of you can avoid coming down with it! I'll say a prayer for you guys. <3

Jenny said...

your buttons or gorgeous, what a good idea to seperate them by color!!

Hope Nathan continues to be well, and the rest of you avoid it! Same thing happened here 2 weeks ago...

no fun, especially for spring break! yours is much earlier than here in Indiana!!

Katie said...

Love the buttons! Hope your little man feels much better soon and that the rest of you stay well. Happy spring!

Ferguson Family said...

Sorry to hear Nathan is not feeling well. And, yes, be thankful it wasn't in a busy restaurant...been there done that! BLECH! However, you could build a strong case that a car might be worse...I hope he is feeling better soon! :)

gill said...

hope nathan is feeling better now and that the rest of you are all ok!!
great buttons - what a kind friend you have
gill

Lisa Marie said...

I would die for all of those buttons! I have a ton of buttons myself, but they're not organized at all and I never really know what I have.
I hope Nathan is feeling better and you all don't end up with the yucks.
I was so very sad today. I felt up to going for a walk and probably really overdid it by going downtown as I'm really tired now. But your place was my first stop and I totally didn't realize you aren't open on Mondays and Tuesdays! I'm hoping I didn't OVER overdo it and I'll be able to walk tomorrow so I can go back. :)

Tamera said...

Don't you LOVE the museum there? My older girls were terrified of the dinosaurs until they were seven or eight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails