Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Purple Potty Party!

Emilie is potty trained!!!! We've been telling her for months that if she would do it, we would give her a purple party. Here is her special outfit. I made up the skirt based on one that's been floating around the internet. I'm sure you've seen it. It's called the Can Can skirt and sometimes the Turkey Trot skirt. It used to be a free tutorial before Christmas but now it's for sale. That kind of made me mad, so I just made up my own version using my All Aflutter skirt as the base. (See the link to that tutorial on my sidebar.)

The shirt is my Mindy of Froglegs and Ponytails. This shirt is called the Carson Ruffle Shirt. I just loved the tutorial. It was PDF which isn't always my favorite, but this one was extremely well written. I have a feeling Mindy will be meeting up with my sewing machine again! Lots and lots of great patterns there. My list is growing and my time is shrinking.

I'm not quite sure the shirt and skirt go together, but they definitely make cute separates and Emilie loves them.


Yea! for Emilie!


Love,
xoxo

8 comments:

Jenny said...

congratulations to you and emilie. how wonderful...im really looking forward to no diapers around here...but im sure that is months away yet!

we just read Petunia and Crocus! Coco liked them both...especially the dog named Coco in Crocus!

Becky said...

Adorable!
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog.
I hope I don't burn out too since I already have a growing pile of special orders to start on after the craft show.
But it has been good for me to have a goal for each day that is attainable. May not sew for a few days after the show tho after cramming this week.
And I have the whole time they are in school to sew, so it has worked pretty good.

Mama Lusco said...

congratulations on the potty training! My 2 1/2 year old is still fighting it, but I'm hopeful it won't be too much longer in diapers... Love the outfit! Looks like she really likes it, too. Good work! I'll have to check out the top tutorial - looks like one my girls would really like, too!

Patty said...

Good job Emilie! You look great in your purple outfit. Congratulations to Mom too! :^)

Needled Mom said...

And.....yeah to you!!!!!! It is definitely worth celebrating.

Jackie said...

Good for her! She certainly deserves to continue the purple party for a while to come. She is just adorable in that little dress.

Lisa Marie said...

Awwww, congrats to Emilie and Mama! I guess I never realized that Emilie was a purple gal. Of course there's no questioning Anna and her pink...
She looks absolutely adorable (of course) in her purple outfit!

Marisa said...

She looks so precious! I love the purple potty party!!! We are not even close (right now we use the potty as a reading spot, haha), but I think Violet will definitely have to have one when she reaches that goal. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails