Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Million Pillowcase Challenge

Hi there. First off, there are a couple of good contests going on right now that you should enter. I always appreciate it when people "advertise" my contests, so I'm doing it for them too.

Lila Tueller is giving away a QUILT! Can you believe it? Now I hope you don't all hop over there and sign up because then my chances aren't so great. (Ha ha!)

Secondly, one of my favorite designers/ fabric stores is having a giveaway every day this week. Check out Buttercuppity. She'll have you laughing, I guarantee it.

Yesterday, my little quilt club and several extra ladies made pillowcases for the One Million Pillowcase Challenge. You should do this. It's such a good cause. Ours are going to our local hospice and some to foster care. But you can choose where yours go. It's sponsored by American Patchwork and Quilting. My cousin Marie got ahold of my camera and so here I and some of the other ladies are. These are the nicest people you will ever meet.



These are my blog stalkers. I'm so flattered!

Aren't the tables pretty with their blue tablecloths? Marie and I thought they were for decoration but it turned out we just weren't supposed to scratch the tables up! They are pretty though.


Ha ha! Got you Marie!


Love,
xoxo

3 comments :

Lisa Marie said...

I recognize a few faces! It looks like you had a pretty good turnout. I wanted to come. :( What is the final count for the group? I know Verna and Kim came in Friday and bought a bunch of fabric for them. I was considering making some today but ended up working on my CLC. One day...!

Patty said...

Looks like you were all busy. My guild make pillow cases among other things and donates them to our Shriner's hospital and soldier's home and other places. I'll have to get the information so we can be part of the challenge.

Jenny said...

wow, looks like fun AND for a good cause! you go girls!

Related Posts with Thumbnails