Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Purple Party Skirt


I made this simple, simple skirt for the purple party. (see the last post) I've been meaning to make myself some skirts anyway. So this one I just took my hip measurements (will not be posting those), divided by four, and cut out two halves on the fold line with a little bit of A-line flair. It's Jennifer Paganelli's Bellbottom fabric, courtesy of my sweet, sweet cousin Marie. Isn't this cute? Elastic in the waist. I know that's not the way to do it for women's clothing, but I always wear shirts untucked, so what's the big deal? It took about an hour.


It snowed again here. Yesterday, the snow looked like God had thrown out handfuls of diamonds, so of course I took some pictures.

Looked even better in person. Anna said the most profound thing, "If God made all the people, why doesn't everyone know Him?" Precisely.

Love,
xoxo

5 comments :

zarina said...

and I love the red shoes (waiting for some of my shoes to be worn out so I can buy new pairs)

Needled Mom said...

Great party dress. I can't wait to see pictures from the party.

Yes....a profound statement indeed!!!

Trish said...

Great Skirt. I can't agree more with the waist band made of elastic when you too wear shirts outside. Can't wait to see photos of the purple party!

Jenny said...

is it really that easy to make a skirt? could I do a skirt for coco in under an hour??

Jennifer said...

love this skirt!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails