Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hook, Line and Sinker

used with permission from the Rose hip blog

Jennifer Paganelli recently featured Beata from Rose hip on her blog. What I saw was such an inspiration to me! I have become one of Beata's biggest fans. Anyway, one of the things she features is a pattern to make these flower pillows. I haven't crocheted since I was pregnant with Nathan, over six years ago. When I mentioned that I thought I wanted to crochet again to my mother-in-law, she gave me a huge box full of yarn that belonged to her mother. It's all wool, even some mohair and in perfect condition. And every color of the rainbow. This really touched me. It also was full of crochet hooks and knitting needles. I don't know how to knit, but if I ever want to learn I definitely have the equipment. Anyway, these are the products of my inspiration:


Anna

Emilie

Maggie my niece.


Don't forget Holly.


Moms like to feel pretty too.

Love,
xoxo

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh my gosh, Melissa....those are adorable!!!!! I would definitely wear one of those. Great job!

Jenny said...

well havent you been busy Melissa! these are great.

Lisa Marie said...

You have definitely been a busy gal. I'm jealous. I'd love to learn to knit or crochet. I might actually have time to read up on it soon but I'm afraid that attempting it myself would be disastrous. I can usually learn anything by reading about it but I just don't get that feeling when it comes to needle work!
The hats are lovely and that was such a sweet gesture from your mother in law!

Jessica said...

Those are cute:)

barbara said...

those beanies are so cute. and i love the dress in the first picture. i have bought the same brown cupcake fabric, but haven't seen the pink one anywhere (in switzerland). i haven't used it all up yet. maybe i might 'copy' your stripy dress idea. i think you are so creative, a great inspiration.
keep up the good work.
greetings from cold switzerland
barbara

Jennifer said...

always feel free to contact me!!!

Beata said...

Thanks for the kind words Melissa!! I love the hats...adorable!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails