Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, January 15, 2010

Child's Activity Bag Tutorial



My second Moda Bake Shop project is up! This time it's a child's activity bag to keep your kiddo occupied in the car, at church, or just when they need a little something to do. Fill it with crayons and coloring books, books to read, puzzles, games, toys, etc. I absolutely love this fabric, Love U, by Deb Strain. It makes such cute bags and they are distinctly boy and girl. I hope you can use this! I sure have over the past year. It's one of my very best sellers at Creations Gallery. Let me know when you make one and post it in the Moda Bake Shop flickr pool.








Love,
xoxo


9 comments :

gill said...

hi melissa
what a great idea!
love the pics
gill xx

Jackie said...

What a cute little bag! Very Clever!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Great bag! Love how you can carry the crayons too :-) Cute pictures.

Needled Mom said...

What a great idea. I am sure the little ones love it too.

The skirts look so sweet. They make fabulous models.

Lisa Marie said...

I'm so glad you did a "tut" of this! Pictures do them no justice (rarely do). I remember the first time I saw Anna's! So cute!

Jenny said...

another great job Melissa! I need to put this on my list to do!!

thanks again for the fabrics, i got them today and I think 2 of them might work in the color wheel!

Annie of Blue Gables said...

Wow, how wonderful for you. That is such a cute bag. I must get busy and try this.

quilt-n-mama said...

what a great bag! I have made another pattern but this one is SO MUCH EASIER!!! I am excited. I want to make them for church bags for my kiddos and have some extras that could be used by other little ones in church as well!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Gayly

Erin said...

Melissa - I hope it's okay that I posted my adaptation of the bag on my blog, and then linked to this one. I am not sure of blogging protocol. But regardless, I LOVE the bag! :) Erin

Related Posts with Thumbnails