Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snowed In

Live in peace with each other. 1 Thessalonians 5:13


My best girlfriend asked me to make a stocking for her darling baby girl. All her stockings are made from an old quilt that her great-grandmother made. Isn't that wonderful? I think this is just the best idea. I didn't make up the pattern or anything, just copied one of her others. I don't think my great-grandmother made quilts, but if yours did, and you have one that's not really useable anymore, you should do this. What a beautiful keepsake!


Around here, it's been snow, snow and more snow. It's our fourth storm of the year so far. And when it snows, we get stuck here for days. (Isn't it beautiful?) It's been three days since I've seen anyone but a child or my husband. He has a big pickup, so he can get out.

What do you do when you are cooped up? Here's what we've been doing:


Decorating another tree (I told you I buy lots of Christmas decorations after Christmas!)




Learning to weave.




Stringing beads for necklaces and bracelets.



Here are the products of their labor.

Love,
xoxo


6 comments :

Kathy said...

What a gorgeous home! I love the look of your house!

Jenny said...

Love the pic of the kids in the snow on top Melissa! Your house is beautiful...only making your decision to move even harder, huh? We have been making Christmas Crackers for Colette's classmates today ... no snowed in, but weather too bad to leave the house. Love the stocking...I have a quilt earmarked for this project, just haven't done it yet! maybe next year!

Ferguson Family said...

Love the stocking, your house is beautiful, and what a fun mommy to let them do crafts while you're stuck at home! :)

resmith said...

That stocking is a great idea! I have a quilt that my grandmother made that is tattered and worn but don't have the heart to cut it up,(yet).
You have a loving home. Beautiful pics.
Hugs,
Liz

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

So sweet! my daugher loves to do stitchery, cross stitch and beads. We have a bunch of bracelets and necklaces just like yours at our house!ha ha

the tree looks beautiful.

we haven't had snow but just super cold weather. Down into single digits, which we are not used to at all!! brrrr!

Tamera said...

What a wonderful idea...using an old family quilt to make the stocking! Looks like your family is really getting into the Christmas spirit...and it looks like you're well aware of the "reason for the season." God Bless Your Family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails