Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, November 30, 2009

Decking the Halls

Are you looking for the drawing? Click here and then enter until Saturday at midnight. I made the above postcard on Saturday at my fun quilt class. Apparently, there's a whole group of people who love to make these things and then send them through the mail. Okay, I've been skeptical, but it was fun. But after four hours of working on it, I would never send it through the mail. Nope. It will grace my mantel. I might be persuaded to make one for a giveaway someday.
You are all invited to Creations Gallery's second annual Christmas Open House. It's from 9-5 on Saturday at 478 N Franklin in Colby. Here's all the info: Sorry! I don't have a scanner and this is the clearest picture I could get of the postcard.

In honor of the Open House, I'm sewing like a mad woman. Can you see the smoking sewing machine from your house? Here's my new thing, thanks to my Mama who told me this is all the rage. Matching aprons for little girls and American Girl sized dolls. We don't happen to have one of those dolls, so here is the best I could come up with. Sure to look better on the right kind of doll. The fabric in this particular set is Tina Givens and Anna Griffin.I hope to have five sets by Saturday. Along with five dozen cookies for a charity cookie thing that day. And lots of custom orders. My list seems to be growing! Anna keeps reminding me of her wishes. The last I heard, Barbie clothes, a pink furry robe (that one's done), and a very specific apron, hat, and oven mitts. I keep telling her she already has an apron, but she seems to be winning this battle.

Oh, we're decking the halls around here too. Had a really nice day last Friday and Todd helped me put up all the lights outside. Bless him. I take any offer of help. The girls and I got busy on the inside yesterday. The boys (big one and little one) were off harvesting corn. My little Nathan lives for the two harvest times each year. It has dragged on and on this year because it's been so wet. He hasn't minded at all. The first 5 1/2 years we lived here were a terrible drought. There were community prayer rallies for rain. Rain was worth about a dollar a drop back then. Then in December 2006, it blizzarded. And then again and again and again. We were stuck on our farm the whole winter. Ever since, it's been pretty wet. But this year was exceptional. If it wasn't for the three hail storms, our corn would have been exceptional as well. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.


Here is my favorite Christmas thing. It's a leaded crystal nativity from Princess House. I got it years ago. I love how Christmas lights shine through it.


And here is one of our trees. Yeah, I go overboard at Christmas time. Just LOVE to hit those after Christmas sales for ornaments and what-not. Everything on this tree is glass. Somehow I was blessed with children who have never, ever messed with my ornaments. Don't ask me how. My cousin has a little boy that pulls the actual tree down. And mine don't touch. Just look. Don't get me wrong -- they're not usually this well behaved!


Hope you're full of the spirit of the season.

Love,
xoxo



7 comments:

Shadowboxer said...

I just love that your shop is open until 5. If I'm not drowning in work I will stop out for the Open House! But does this mean you can't come to OUR shop for our Christmas Open House sale and drawing that day? Boo!

annemarie said...

Your tree is beautiful!!

quilt-n-mama said...

Maybe I need to make a road trip to your shop! Wow!
I love your tree, I am very slow this this year, I need to get everything pulled out!
Blessings,
Gayly

resmith said...

I love your tree, it is beautiful!!The Nativity scene is just gorgeous, I love how the light shines through,

Crafty Mama said...

I love, love, love the nativity set! And your tree is just beautiful!

Michele said...

You are getting me in the holiday spirit! Thank you!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Hi Melissa, I just entered your giveaway but I wanted to comment some more. I really appreciate how you highlight the Christ in Christmas.
I actually did a post about this a couple of days ago. About keeping Christ in Christmas.
I love your little postcard ornament. I can see why it would be so hard to part with.
Have a blessed Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails