Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, November 27, 2009

99th Post and Thanksgiving Rewind




Here is a picture of our Thanksgiving feast. I brined the turkey overnight in salt, brown sugar, lemon and oranges. Then I chopped up fresh rosemary and oregano and garlic, mixed it with olive oil and put it under the skin. The turkey was so good. My little Nathan has been so sick, so we were home alone. I made so much food. We were all stuffed. Emilie, age 2, said she was thankful for, "Jee-us." That melted my heart.
I thought I'd give you all an idea for leftovers. I made a lovely soup for lunch today. Here are the ingredients: some turkey, roasted potatoes, a little bit of mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and some stuffing. I made a roux from flour and olive oil and a little bit of broth I made from the turkey yesterday. Then I added water and all the below ingredients, brought it to a boil and then let it simmer. It was so good. Except Todd didn't appreciate the stuffing and I thought I snuck it in there better than I did.


Here's the picture of the finished soup. Oh and the rolls that the girls and I made Wednesday.




Love, xoxo

2 comments :

Jenny said...

Dinner looks delicious at your house! and i really like the new pictures on the blog!

Needled Mom said...

It looks delicious! I think I like the leftovers better than the actual meal. What's wrong with me?

Related Posts with Thumbnails