Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Indians in Indiana

I just finished eight new children's aprons and sent them to Destination Kitchen in Norton, Kansas. If you are in the area, check the store out. It is really neat. Plus, I sold them about that many in August and they told me they have sold them all! Wow!


Here are closeups of several, with Anna as my model:




LOVE this one. It really doesn't show, but there is red ruffle rac along the hem.












Marie and I did a little fabric swap and here is what she gave me. Isn't it beautiful? I have loved Tula Pink in secret for awhile now and she gave me my first piece of her. Plus Valori Wells, Lila Tueller, and Anna Maria Horner. I could never argue with those! I'm thinking the three on the left end of the table would make something really neat together. Haven't thought of what quite yet. Marie is in a Dozen Quilters. Thank you!
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galations 6:9
Nathan memorizes more than one verse in kindergarten each week and he told me this one tonight. I'm so proud of him. He remembers all of them. I asked him how and he said, "It's all in his big brain." Yesterday, he told me that it's Columbus Day and Columbus named the native people Indians because he thought he had landed in Indiana. I love him so much.
Love, Melissa

7 comments :

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Gorgeous aprons!

You won the give away for the blog party!!

Email me with your address and I will send it out as soon as possible! Thank you for joining in. I so hope you get some business from the extra traffic!! Beautiful work and love your 'story' behind your sewing!

Jenny said...

How darling...your Nathan sounds like a real keeper! what a charming boy!

I just emailed Marie and pleaded with her to do a swap with me! I really want more Nest!!

your aprons are sweet!

Linda Stubbs said...

I just got my "scrap bag" oh my what a treat! There are some in there that are my favorite! When I use them I will let you see. I am so behind. Need to get Becky's block done!!!
Love, Linda

Camille said...

Your kids aprons are so CUTE!! Well done on being creative from the home...Proverbs 31 comes to mind! ;-)
Blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

LOL! You son is so cute. I love what kids come up with. You can't make that stuff up!

Your aprons are the cutest things ever! My favorite is the pink apron with the bow. Adorable!

Congrats on winning the blog party give away!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. Hope to "see" you more often.

God Bless,
Jackie

quilt-n-mama said...

i love aprons for the kids, I neeed to get some sewn but I just haven't had the chance lately... I love all of yours. Maybe for Christmas, I'll get them made:)
Blessings,
Gayly

quilt-n-mama said...

i love aprons for the kids, I neeed to get some sewn but I just haven't had the chance lately... I love all of yours. Maybe for Christmas, I'll get them made:)
Blessings,
Gayly

Related Posts with Thumbnails