Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Treat

Well, I'm not really into Halloween so much, but when I saw this yellow spiderweb with butterflies fabric, I thought, okay, the girls are getting Halloween dresses. The fabric is by Echino, as is the red with the bats. I'm not sure who made the navy bat fabric, but all three are Japanese, and so fun and cute. Tonight was the Fall Festival at Nathan's school, and this is how the girls went. I also plan for Anna to wear her dress Wednesday for preschool and next Sunday they will wear them for church. We may get in a couple more uses this fall. It's fallish, right?
I made up the pattern for Emilie's dress. Totally from scratch. I'm pretty happy with the outcome!

Anna's dress is the Pink Fig Mia top pattern. It's a shirt, but I made it into a dress by lengthening everything. Then, I made up the cute sleeve because the pattern is short-sleeved. Sort of 70's, isn't it? A bell-bottom sleeve. Is there such a thing? Anyway, it reads cute to me. Love everything about how they came out. Maybe I should be on Project Runway. Ha ha!
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
(I woke up with that verse in my head this morning.)
Love, Melissa


4 comments :

Jenny said...

Absolutely adorable Melissa! The girls and the dresses! I can't believe you just 'made up' the pattern. Incredible.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Those are amazing! I just made my first pair of bloomers (first time sewing a garment ever - see blog for pictures). I'm trying to work up enough courage to make a matching apron. Your blog is inspiring me!

Iva said...

Great job on the dresses, Melissa/ they are really cute. I'm especially impressed that with the pattern from scratch!
It's been a while since I've had time to sit down and visit many of my favorite sites. So let me just say I'm lovin' the bags too.

LB3K said...

So cute! Thanks for joining 'Wardrobe Wednesday'!

Related Posts with Thumbnails