Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a Great Recipe

Here is a recipe that came out of the newest Dillons coupon flyer. I don't think they would care if I reprint it. It is super easy and WONDERFUL!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
1 cup butter, melted (that's 2 sticks! I used one and it was just fine)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (didn't have those, so I crushed up Honey Nut Cheerios)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup and 4 Tablespoons peanut butter, divided
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.
Microwave the chocolate chips and 4 T peanut butter in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. Spread over the first layer. Refrigerate at least one hour and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
YUMMY!
My baby lost a tooth today. Well, he's not an actual baby, but a 5 year old kindergartener. They tell me this is normal. I'm still sad. He's super excited though, and picked out a pillow from Creations Gallery for the tooth fairy to put money into.

My other baby fell on a baby kitty today. Two year olds just don't have great balance, especially when animals are weaving in and out of their legs. The poor little kitty didn't make it. That's a bummer too. It's the first time we've had tame kittens in so long. Nathan is really, really attached to them.

I am the Lord, your God. Exodus 20:1

Love, Melissa

1 comment :

Ferguson Family said...

I'll try to remember to try that recipe, it sounds yummy! And I am so sorry to hear about your kitten...that is so sad! And Congratulations on the tooth! That's huge!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails