Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fairly Nice

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run then in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24
We have been at the Kansas State Fair this weekend. It is a four hour drive for us, so the first time either Todd or I have gone since high school. And still so much the same. The butter sculpture, the beautiful animals groomed to a T, the farm equipment, and the little lake you can paddle a boat on. We all had a great time. Nathan was in the tractor pull, which is why we went. He's the one under number 19. He also got a really nifty orange hat and a blue ribbon.


We rented a wagon . . . Praise the Lord that one was available! I don't think we would have made it otherwise. What a great weekend!





Here is the purse I made yesterday. It's one of my made-up patterns.

Here is my bag that can hold the kitchen sink. I've made it several times. Sorry the picture doesn't do it justice. I already filled it up with other bags for my show and didn't want to unpack, but you get the idea. (It's the same as the one Emilie was holding on a bench, about the same size as her, in green. Remember?)

And finally, here is a super cute bag made from dark denim. The pattern is from Crafster. (link) It's easy. Go make it. Or pay me to make it. I only suggest that you use at least upholstery weight fabric or use interfacing which isn't in the pattern.
Until next time, Love,
Melissa

1 comment :

Becky said...

I love, love, love seeing all your bags. They are so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails