Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, September 4, 2009

Chez Moi Day

Hello everyone. I was just reading Pretty Ditty's most recent post. You just have to go read it. It reminds me SO much of my two-year-old Emilie. Most of what she says sounds a little off color. I'm still laughing.

Okay, here are the bags of the day. The one on the left I made up the pattern for. It's Chez Moi's fabric called Swanky. I like that. And I love the fabrics. They are so soft and watercolorish. The one on the right is the Mill House Inn tote bag from the Moda Bake Shop. I did change it a bit because I had a partial jelly roll and partial layer cake of Chez Moi's Charisma. I did not have the honeybun they called for, and didn't really feel like cutting the strips in half since I probably wouldn't use the other half (only 1 and 1/4 inches). I think it came out nice. Those of you who know me realize these particular shades of brown and green and blue mixed together are a challenge for me. ( I love bright, pink and red especially.) Why were these left over? See below.


In June, I made this quilt for my friend Celeste. It is Chez Moi's Charisma pattern and came in a kit. I never buy kits, but I really loved the fabric and quilt. Anyway, I didn't like all the brown in it (big surprise!) so I took it out. And this quilt is just a lap size, so I had lots of fabrics left over from the kit. Lots more even still. But isn't this a fun pattern?


My sweet friend Celeste has been on dialysis since early summer. It makes her really sick. I guess she has to take classes to be on the transplant list but says she is now just one class away. She needs lots of prayers. She has two brothers and a sister, but I understand that none of them match her blood type. Her two daughters, Ashton and Aiden, are Todd's god-daughters. And her husband Kip is one of Todd's best friends. They don't live here, so we don't see them as often as we would like. But they are still so close to our hearts. I love you, Celeste. She mothered Todd through law school. And her husband too, all at the same time.
Love, Melissa

1 comment :

quilt-n-mama said...

I love these fabrics. I have a jelly roll just waiting for me to do something with it:)
Blessings,
Gayly

Related Posts with Thumbnails