Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rainbow Bright

And God said . . ."I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:12-13


Good morning to us! Look what was in our sky this morning. I don't remember ever seeing a rainbow in the west before. Every time I see one I remember God's promise.


What was picked fromthe garden TODAY!
I made pickles for the first time ever. We won't know how they came out for six weeks, though. These are dill and I have plans to make sweet pickles still. Oh, and my shelf isn't crooked but my camera sure was!

I have made lots of wallets in anticipation of a big show at the end of September. But now I am doing two shows! My sister-in-law's mom has a show called the Pumpkin Patch. I hesitated about it because they are only six days apart and this one is first. But then Todd reminded me that a sale is a sale and I got the point. These wallets button.
These wallets snap.
And these wallets zip. All will be on sale at Whimmydiddle and the Pumpkin Patch for $11. Thanks to Amanda, who I bought a similar wallet from on Etsy for the idea for the button ones.
I feel like all I've done is sew lately. It will probably only get worse. But no matter what the future holds, I'm grateful for the chance to do this now. October is calling my name, though. No scheduled sewing!!!! I'm ready for a break.
Love, Melissa

2 comments:

Mandaleighta said...

Thanks for the link :) Your wallets all look fabulous! Good luck with the shows :)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Beautiful picture. Beautiful post. Enjoy your little break :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails