Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Have I Been Doing Lately?



Well, our county fair started on Sunday with the Oakridge Boys kicking off. Don't know who they are? Well, back in the 70s and 80s they were IT in country music. Todd is always amazed that I have no clue about 80s songs. We only listened to country music, so now I can tell him. It's not that we listened to no music, it was Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Don Williams and Oakridge Boys. Anyway, the concert was fun.

Today, Nathan and Todd rode an old Johnny Pop tractor in our fair parade, along with Todd's brother Bert on one and brother-in-law Lynn on an old International. That was pretty cool. They both had a ball. Plus the girls came up with a truck load of candy from the parade. My store had a bake sale at the same time with the proceeds going to our local food pantry.


















Then Nathan and cousin Trey were in Muttin Bustin. That's sheep riding for you city folk. Trey stayed on forever, but Nathan was immediately off. He had fun and was so excited about it.

Tonight we went to the rodeo. Got the kids home too late and they'll be tired tomorrow. I'm tired too. Plus one of the kids dropped my camera in the dirt and now I can't get it to turn on. The next post could be awhile.
Take care and don't forget to say your prayers.
Love, Melissa
PS I made two aprons. Couldn't take pictures due to my broken camera.

3 comments :

Patty said...

Looks like a good time was had by all =-) Hope your camera is alright!

Ferguson Family said...

Sounds like a super fun Fair time! Sorry about your camera!

Carmen Rigby said...

Hey Melissa! I got your post, email me more info about your Dozen Quilters! I'm definitely interested.

Have a great weekend,
Carmen

Related Posts with Thumbnails