Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Bag Winner

This is what the Lord says -- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea." Isaiah 48:17-18

Thank you to everyone who entered my contest. I am truly touched by your beautiful words and suggestions. It was hard to choose, but the winners are:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...
What a cute skirt! I looked at your quilt and the name that popped into my head was "Road to Redemption". So that's my suggestion :-)













Krousegirl said...
Oh what fun! What about "All a flutter" for the skirt...it reminds me of butterfly wings.



But the winner is: Carmen Rigby who suggested names and posted to her site about the contest. (link)


My more scientific way of choosing a winner this time was through random.org I assigned each person a number (or more than one if you did extra things or won for naming the skirt and quilt) and then random.org popped up number 23. That was Carmen! Congrats and you'll have to e-mail me your address and what kind of fabric you like!


Here is my latest apron. It's reversible so I get two completely different looks. Best of all? I'm keeping it! Yes, I've always wanted to make myself an apron and this one is THE ONE. I just decided this afternoon that it felt like a good day to make something for myself. Thanks again to Marie for lending me another pattern. This one is called Lilly by Busy Bee Quilt Designs (link).
Linda Stubbs made one too. You can see hers at Prairie Flower Farm (link). I'm glad I figured out how to make it reversible because now I have two completely different options. Fabric credits: Heather Bailey (turquoise flowers), Me and My Sister (pink), Jennifer Paganelli (yellow and pink), and Susan Osburn (multi colored flowers.) Speaking of Linda, she is currently having a giveaway for this:
Take care!


Love, Melissa

5 comments :

Ferguson Family said...

You are so talented...I can't even sew a straight line! lol!!! I guess if I need something sewn I'll order from you! :)

krousegirl said...

Ohhh, so excited to see you liked my skirt name. I think its a darling skirt!
Krousegirl2 at aol dot com
Jenny

Linda Stubbs said...

THANK YOU! FOR PUTTING ME ON YOUR BLOG. DIDN'T SEE THAT YOU HAD SIGNED UP AT MY BLOG. ONE OF MY FRIENDS WAS HAVING PROBLEMS ON BEING ABLE TO SIGN UP. HOPE THAT ISNT HAPPENING.

SAW YOUR CUTE APRONS. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THAT PATTERN. CUTE IDEA TO MAKE IT REVERSIBLE! I WAS GOING TO SEE IF BUZY BEE WOULD LET ME MAKE THEM TO SELL. I COULD SELL SO MANY AT FARMER'S MARKET!
HOPE ALL IS WELL FOR YOU ALL. IS HARVEST OVER?

Carmen Rigby said...

Yay! Thanks Melissa...I'll email you my address shortly. I'm SO EXCITED!! :D

Patty said...

Melissa you one busy little beaver!
Love your aprons and the skirt is just too cute! Just want to let yiu know that I changged my URL to http://shooflyquilting.blogspot.com
Enjoy your week! I'm going to be very busy with a class for the next 8 days. I don't know what I was thinking!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails