Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the Old Switcheroo




So I have been in this fabric trade thing with Jenny of Blempgorf (link). She has too much and is trading 3 for 1. That means 1 fat quarter from me 3/4 yard from her. Wow! She sent me the coolest vintage fabric. I love the turtles. My sister collects turtles so I have a feeling this will show up in a gift. All the flowers are really cool too. And who can't use a blue print? I know I can.
I sent her some vintage things too: the telephone/TV/lightbulb stuff is too cool, isn't it? She also likes Denyse Schmidt (who doesn't?) and so I sent her a quarter yard of that. I hope she likes it. This trading thing is so much fun.



I made four aprons today. Pictures are coming later. I had to take a few days off of aprons to make a baby quilt for a friend.

Here are pictures of it. Our story is kind of neat. Her husband was a childhood friend of mine. When they had a baby, I sent them a quilt and then another for baby two. Now, and I am so flattered, she wanted me to make a quilt for her friend. She gave me lots of latitude, which I really appreciate. I love being creative! Thanks Stacey! You have no idea how much I appreciate this.




If you're into giveaways, there's a cool one at a website called the Crafty Crow (link).
Don't forget my contest (link)! I need lots more entries!
Love, Melissa

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

when i try to link to your swapping partner i get an error. id love to switch fabrics too!
Jenny
Krousegirl2 at aol dot com

Related Posts with Thumbnails