Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, June 26, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
We have had Bible school every morning this week. Can you believe that children ages preschool through 5th grade can remember that verse? Anna, age 4, knew it two days ago! It took me until today to be able to say the whole thing. So, we are tired but happy. It was a good week.

Just look what was waiting for us last night! I never get tired of seeing rainbows.

Here was my assignment for the Names of Jesus quilt. It is called Balm of Gilead. Instead, I did something artsy. I took a piece of Tina Givens' Treetop Fancy Huckleberry and cut out a piece showing the butterfly really well. Then I fussycut -- a fancy way of saying cut out the piece you want -- a flower stem from Amy Butler's Daisy Chain and a flower from Riley Blakes stuff and appliqued all together. I like the result. Do you?



Here is my latest result in the Fruit of the Spirit quilt. I changed it up too. I like how changing it made a cross pop out from the middle and a pinwheel. This block is called Harmony.


That's all I have for now. My friend Kylie and I are running a 5K tomorrow morning. Wish us luck! (It's both of our first.)
Love, Melissa

1 comment :

Patty said...

Good Luck Melissy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails