Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Friday, June 12, 2009

Paper Dolls

"For I know the plan I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11




Anna's fourth birthday is Monday. We're having a big birthday party tomorrow. Her first kid party! It's all princess. Anyway, I have been busily working on her birthday presents, and I just finished the first one. Since she can't use the computer, here it is:


It's a paper doll quilt. Who came up with this idea? It's so clever. All the dolls have clothes that fit them. I used to love paper dolls, so I hope she loves this too.




The back has a pocket that holds all the clothes. It also has a panel I bought for her once. It was one of those quilt trips when I said I would bring her back something, and then I didn't know what to do with it. It's perfect on this. Oh, and made by Mary Englebright (you can tell that without my saying probably.)





Here they are all dressed! How fun. I even played with them for awhile.

Here is Nathan and Anna before T-ball last week. If you're thinking, oh how nice that they played together, think again. Vintage Anna, she cried from the time we got there until we left. I even had to run around the bases with her! Sigh.




Hope everyone's doing well. We're still waiting for and praying for that baby!


Love, Melissa

3 comments :

Linda Stubbs said...

That is the cutest quilt. Did you get the email from me? I hope so. I thought it would be easier to use your email address. Hope it worked. I would love to come to your store. It sounds like fun.

I had a friend from Alaska that lives in Brewster area. I am not sure if they still live there. Her fist name was Robin, can't remember their last name. They were farmers though. We have lost touch over the years. I remember Colby.

I loved paper dolls as a child also.
Linda

God bless,

Karen said...

Sweet paper doll quilt!

mblittle5 said...

I hope you get this commen since this post is a bit older. I have this fabric too and can't figure out how to make the clothes so they'll stick to the dolls. What did you use?

Related Posts with Thumbnails