Are You Following?

Follow MelissaStramel on Twitter Follow Lilac Lane Patterns on Facebook Follow Me on Pinteresthttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sOa2LFjNuFo/UPIu-4kq73I/AAAAAAAAGeg/uZQ00cPdMxs/s1600/blogpinterest.png Instagram

Monday, June 22, 2009

and the Winner is . . .



Christy! Congratulations, you have won a cute skirt. E-mail me with a waist measurement and your desired length. Oh, also the two colors you would like.

Over the last week, here is what I did:
made a pair of baby booties for Brody,
finished a quilt and sent it off to be quilted, and went on a three day vacation! We went to Salina to the Rolling Hills Zoo. Very Cool place. A giraffe ate out of Nathan's hand. (I wasn't quick enough with the camera.)


We went to a Salina water park. My kids are enamored with those.


We visited the Wild Bill Hickock memorial in Oakley on the way. The statue was made by two artists from Leoti.



We went to Halstead to an antique hardware store.


AND, I visited three quilt shops! Salina's Quilting Bee. They were wonderful! I found some Lila Tueller and Amy Butler and also some Riley Blake.




In Hutchinson, we visited Cottonwood Quilts.


Really neat store! I found some more Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Erin McMorris, Keri Byerly and Chez Moi.

It was there that I met Linda Stubbs, a fabric designer, pattern maker, and overall wonderful lady. You can visit her blog, Prairie Flower Farm, and see all her really neat stuff. She gave me lots of her fabric line that she designed with her daughter Tressa. Linda, again, thank you! I'm so excited to get busy with these. It was really nice to meet you, your daughters, Tressa and Taylor and grand-daughter Savannah.



Finally, we visited Yoder's Demelia's. What a neat store! I would be in big trouble if it was in Colby. All my loves were there: Joel Dewberry, Heather, Amy, Jennifer Paganelli etc. In fact, they even had Valori Wells, Tanya Whelan, and Joel on clearance! Then I found some really neat Anna Griffin stuff. It's very vintage.








Well, that was my vacation. Bet you wish you were there!

Love, Melissa

4 comments :

Gail said...

Congratulations to Christy! What a great blessing!

Patty said...

Ooh what a wonderful vacay... Congrats to Christy..

Linda Stubbs said...

Melissa, I did have a wonderful time meeting you also and your precious family. Looks like you had a blast on your mini trip!

Maybe one day we can get up your way and see your shop! I would love to see pictures. That would be fun to see them on your blog.

I want to put your picture of your quilt on mine if that is okay with you! It is so beautiful. I can't wait to make one!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am out to the garden early before the sun gets to hot.

Blessings and so glad I met you!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Oh gosh such darling fabric. And a store called the quilting bee! Love it. Thanks for visiting me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails